- Between infancy and first grade, boys express their emotions more readily than girls. [here]
- Worldwide, boys aren’t any better at math than girls. [here]
- Young men are more emotionally vulnerable to troubles in their relationships than young women are. [here]
- Men are less rational investors than women. [here]
- Men aren’t worse than women at reading emotional cues. [here]
- Men monitor their partners more than women. [here]
- Men are twice as likely as women to commit suicide after divorce. [here]
- In anonymous settings, women are more aggressive than men. [no shit]
Reblogging this because I think it’s super important when it comes to sex and relationships and how as a society we view these things to realize that everything we’ve been taught about “men” and “women” is wrong. Not just the exclusion of trans* identities or the discussion of binarism in regards to intersex and genital differences but also the way we view gender roles and even cis gender identities and biology and behavior. This affects the way people interact in relationships and during sexual conduct and also how we act in our day-to-day lives.
If you ask a cis person why they hate trans people, you’ll get responses like “I don’t think they’re natural” or “they’re immoral and corrupting our children” or “they’re evil and should be killed”
If you ask a trans person why they hate cis people, you’ll get responses like “I’ve been attacked on the street 3 times this month” or “I can’t leave my house anymore” or “my friends were raped and murdered”
See how that works?
Here’s to a week for the unconventional before and after photos, National Eating Disorder Awareness Week. For most of my life, I’ve been heavier, and consequently shamed and belittled for my weight. When I started college, however, I weighed 103 pounds, was eating 400-600 calories a day, doing about 90 minutes of cardio daily, and most importantly, I was anorexic. I was 15 pounds underweight, but no one thought to say anything because they were too busy applauding me for my unnatural weight loss. This is me calling them out. This is my telling them they were wrong. This is me thanking my real life and tumblr friends for everything they done to get me to the wonderful place I am today. So fuck you traditional pictures of “healthy”, I may be fat, but I beat my eating disorder.
FUCK YEA this makes me ridiculously happy.
One of the most accurate depictions of a panic attack that I’ve ever seen.
Thank you. Just thank you. Far too many people don’t seem to grasp the concept of what a panic attack actually is. Getting upset is not a panic attack. This is.
this is actually really accurate, especially the feelings of not really being there. i cannot concentrate when i’m having an anxiety attack, i can only concentrate on the anxiety itself. I had an panic attack yesterday and i can’t remember anything of what anybody was actually saying to me during that time, its like being in a tunnel and everyone else is shouting at you from the other end.
percentage of rape victims (source):
median salary (source):
victims of domestic violence (source):
people murdered by their significant other (source):
those darn privileged females
DO YOU KNOW WHY THERE ARE SO MANY GENDER SPECIFIC SHELTERS FOR FEMALES?!?!?!?
BECAUSE PHYSICAL ABUSE HAPPENS SO OFTEN IN THIS COUNTRY THAT THEY HAVE TO BUILD THESE BUILDINGS IN EVERY. SINGLE. FUCKING. CITY.
SO THAT WOMEN CAN FUCKING HIDE FROM THEIR HUSBANDS OR BOYFRIENDS OR EXS OR BROTHERS OR FATHERS AND OH MY FUCKING GOD I COULD RIP THAT NOSE RING RIGHT OUT OF HIS STUPID FACE.
Why is it always guys that look like that too.
- The main culprit to blame for there being more homeless men than women is a lack of adequate welfare programs, accessible mental healthcare, and veterans services, since veterans are more likely to suffer from mental health disorders and are overwhelmingly male and more likely to come from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
- The main culprit to blame for there being more female college students than male ones is that women have less job opportunities than men, so college has become more of a prerequisite for finding a stable and comfortable career and income than for men, who are paid better for the same job and have more career opportunities available to them with less training.
- The main culprit to blame for women having a longer life expectancy than men is mainly a combination of biology (women tend to be more iron deficient than men, which is actually better for cell regeneration) and life choices (men are more likely to smoke cigarettes and eat high-cholesterol foods for example)
- And, as previously stated above, there are more gender-specific shelters for women because women are over 5 times more likely to experience domestic violence than men are.
So yeah. There’s that.
Also, that lip piercing looks like a leech is boring into your face.
Ugh, I hate it when these damn MRAs bring up completely irrelevant points to prove their douchepression. Wtf are they blaming homelessness on feminism for? Or a lack of enrollment at schools??? The fucking fuck?
[A sketch from the comedy series “The Big Bang Theory.” The first panel is of Sheldon covering his face, and a speech bubble above his head reads, “Shut up, Penny you’re a blonde and not a scientist.” The second panel is a series of shadowy audience figures, and the words, “HAHA!” “All the Emmys!” “Woo!” “He went there!” and “I love comedy so much”]